How to Get Discounts on Your Michigan Auto Insurance Quotes
Getting auto insurance can be expensive. If you live in Michigan you will be paying some of the highest rates that are available across the country. In order to save a little money you might want to find out how to get discounts on your Michigan auto insurance quotes. Here are some things you should consider when shopping for your Michigan auto insurance quotes:
- Check your credit score before you go to an auto insurance company. Many companies base your auto insurance rates on your current credit score. Find out what your score is through a free credit score site. When you call for quotes ask if this company uses your credit score to figure out your premiums.
- Make sure you shop around. Not all insurance companies are the same. Ask your friends and family members where they have their car insurance from. You will find out the best and worst places from your friends as they will have done the legwork for you.
- Update your information. If you have had the same auto insurance from the same company for years, let them know if you are driving less, remind them that you have had no claims, and if you have attended any defensive driving courses.
- You should also ask about discounts for special equipment that is available on newer vehicles. Look for cars that have a security system installed, keyless entry, double airbags, and any other options that will help you qualify for a cheaper rate.
- If you are driving an older vehicle and you have paid it off you can consider dropping your collision or comprehensive coverage. This can be tricky as if the car is still in great shape and not that old you might want to keep it, but if it is older it may be cheaper to fix it yourself or just turn it in for another vehicle.
- Some insurance companies have discounts for students who get good grades, for low mileage drivers, for being married, and for bundling your insurance with other policies such as life insurance and homeowners insurance.
- Shop around for Michigan auto insurance quotes through auto clubs, websites like https://michigan-insurance.website/michigan-auto-insurance/ and retired citizens groups for cheaper rates. Buying in with a larger group could give you substantial savings.
Make sure you ask your insurance agent for any and all discounts you may qualify for.